Accounting & BAS Solutions
We can recommend suitable software, tailor it to your needs and train you on the day-to-day functions. We set-up and maintain our clients’ books online in Xero or MYOB Essentials, on PC or Mac, with automatic bank feeds to save time. Bookkeeping by our employee accountants, to high standards and with Electra Frost’s oversight. We don’t outsource your work to cheap offshore providers. Ask us for quarterly BAS reminders, monthly reconciliations and insightful accounting advice whenever needed.
Under tax law, if you are carrying on a business you must keep records that record and explain all transactions and the methodology used to derive an estimate, determination or calculation. Unless your affairs are simple enough for a basic cash-book system it can be pretty time consuming and difficult to ‘do-it-yourself’ without accounting experience. If you operate your business through a company, you will most certainly need professional assistance.
Rather than checking that all the numbers are in the right place your accountant should be focused on the bigger picture: identifying opportunities for your tax benefit and formulating valuable advice.
As professional accountants with great IT systems, we can offer streamlined and efficient alternatives to traditional bookkeeping. Our services aim to save you time and money and obtain you the best value from your consultations with Electra Frost.
We are here to help and make it easy with Xero & MYOB
Accurate, reliable, bank-reconciled accounting records with correctly classified transactions, readily provide the information needed by accountants when preparing your BAS or tax returns.
Simple, cost effective & accurate system for completing Business Activity Statements (BAS)!
Xero and MYOB provide a range of tools and services to help accountants and business clients streamline their accounting requirements.
Bottom line – it is bookkeeping and BAS made easy, and affordable.
- Synchronise business apps with Xero & MYOB.
- Invoice clients & record bills from suppliers.
- Match bank transactions against paid invoices.
- Attach e-bills to their corresponding entries.
- Run sales reports & track due payments.
- Check the GST on your tax invoices.
- Record “Rules” to memorise transactions.
Spend more time growing your business, spend less time operating it!
Instead of wasting your time trying to figure out your tax compliance, let’s help you focus on growing your business and don’t worry about the rest!
Your benefits out of using Xero & MYOB include:
- Accounts are processed faster, more efficiently.
- Updated information for business decisions.
- Monthly business insight reports.
- Free up your time for productivity.
- GST information will be prepared effectively.
- BAS can be lodged before the due date.
- Accounting records are ready for Tax Return.
Boost your productivity & reclaim your time!
Your time required could be reduced to around one hour a month, with our help… compared to endless hours of head scratching and cussing at the computer.
Whether you already have an existing system to manage your finance & accounting or you want to setup a new one, we got you covered.
If you do it properly from the outset, you’ll save time and money later! We’re a Xero Silver Partner and MYOB Professional Partner. Our friendly and experienced Business Services Accountants can set up your accounting system and teach you how to get the most out of it. They work alongside Electra Frost on all functions of business accounting and tax, so you will benefit from their wealth of knowledge and strategic approach. We use Skype or Zoom video for meetings, so you don’t even need to leave your office! If you’re ready to reap the benefits of cloud accounting, we can make it work for you.
New System Set-Up and Training:
Initial meeting includes:
- Choose the right software and subscription levels for your needs and budget
- We set up your subscription with a software provider
- Create your Chart of Accounts, tailored to your business (or based on your last Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports)
- Set up the bank feeds
- Enter conversion balances
- Introduction to settings, features and system navigation.
Follow up meeting includes:
This is booked once the bank fees are active, usually 1-2 weeks later.
- Import historical transactions and update bank balances
- Create your customised branded invoice template
- Train you on the essential daily bookkeeping functions – document management, contacts, invoicing, tracking debtors, bills, cash expenses.
- Set up some transaction rules and automations
- Show you how to allocate banking transactions
- Introduction to accounting reports
- Tips on how to get the most of the system and work well with your accountants and advisers.
- Advice Notes – a personalised summary and reminder of what was discussed and recommended to you.
Optional extras, if required (charged hourly):
- Employee set up, payroll and superannuation functions.
- Full bank reconciliation
- Importing data from other system, e.g. card files.
- Assistance with compatible software ‘Add-Ons’
- BAS preparation advice – GST and PAYG instalments basics.
Can’t work out why you can’t balance? Are you finding it difficult to maintain your Xero or MYOB file yourself? Could it have been set up better? Do your accounts need a bit of a tidy up before tax time?
Let’s get forensic on your file! Don’t waste hours and evenings trying to work it out by yourself. You need professional help. We can identify the problems, tell you what needs fixing and how, train you on how to manage the system better and offer some great solutions.
Existing System Health Check
- Pre-consultation questionnaire – to tell us your concerns.
- Preliminary analysis of your system set up, transactions and balances
- Consultation on Zoom or Skype video – discussing our findings, making recommendations, and training
- Correcting some income and expenses classifications and GST coding with you
- Balance sheet analysis
- Follow-up advice notes for your future reference.
Optional bookkeeping extras, if required:
- Extensive re-classification of incorrectly recorded transactions.
- Entering invoices, bills, and cash payments.
- Payroll processing and ATO lodgements.
- Bank reconciliation.
Contact us now with any questions. We look forward to assisting you!
Whether you’re setting up a new file, migrating from an old system, getting your existing records into order, can’t BALANCE… or just need to know because you don’t know what you don’t know…!
We can work with you to solve all the problems and show you or your staff how to better manage your system. Our training sessions are held over Skype or Zoom video from our office, and are tailored to your requirements.
Our clients’ businesses are unique, so we make sure we get to know about you and your business in order to offer you the appropriate accounting and tax services.
Our business packages may suit your financial budget, and there are no surprises with our fixed monthly fees. You can always adjust the service plan to meet your needs.
Bookkeeping is important to ensure your business is compliant with tax law and ASIC. Up-to-date books also allow you to take advantage of new opportunities, monitor and react to changes.
We help take away the headache and paperwork of your bookkeeping tasks so you can focus on growing your business.
Start Ups & Technology Businesses
If your business is operating at the forefront of technology, you need an accountant who is too. At J&A, we understand the business needs of media & creative tech start-ups.
Many of our clients are in software development, web design, product design, social media, marketing, and businesses in the digital realm.
As a tech company, operating in a constantly changing market requires quick actions, effective collaboration and innovation to deliver truly unique services & products.
You may be raising and investing large amounts of start-up capital or grants and have to keep a close eye on your budget and cash flow.
However, when it comes to accounting, so many start-ups by-pass professional advice and use outdated software that doesn’t align with their business needs.
If your accounting is difficult to manage it can inhibit your business growth. It’s a wise decision to ask for professional advice to secure growth opportunities and sustainability for your business.
Goodbye spreadsheets, hello Xero!
- With cloud accounting software you can streamline the day to day management of your finances, improve collaboration and grow your start-up tech business.
- Produce accurate financial reports and budgets for whenever you need to make critical business decisions and plans.
- Meet with your accountant on video to review and discuss your finances with real-time information.
Build to grow!
From the initial stage of establishing your business, we help you through out all the establishment activities to set it up for success.
- Choosing & creating the right structure for your business.
- Establishing partnerships, trusts and private companies.
- Registering your ABN and Business Name.
- Your GST, PAYG Withholding, FBT and other ATO registrations.
- Advice about your obligations as an employer.
- Recommending accounting software and setting up your accounts.
Operate like a pro!
- Business Health Check: Monitoring changes in business performance, reviewing changes in performance and against industry benchmarks.
- Business budgets for management, planning and expansion.
- Money and wealth analysis:
- Equity (how much is your business worth),
- Cashflow (what is going in and out of the bank),
- Profit (whether the business is making money on paper) and
- Surplus (how much money is available for drawings or reinvestment).
- Preparation of financial statements and management reports;
- Expenses and Assets – are you getting a good return from your investment?
- Cashflow Management: receivables, payables, terms of trade.
- Advice on ATO-compliant and useful record keeping systems for small businesses and sole traders.
- Cloud accounting for small business in Xero or MYOB: set-up, training and ongoing accounts maintenance for monthly reports.
- Identifying the needs of your business, choosing an appropriate accounting system and subscription level, and suggesting apps which can save you time.
- Referral to a trusted business management services provider to provide ongoing support.
Quick, hassle free experience for all your tax needs!
No more frustrations dealing with the tax office!
- Tax Office Audits – Representation and handling.
- Objections to ATO assessments.
- Negotiating tax payment plans
- Private Ruling applications.
- Requests for information.
- Changes to registration details.
Tax issues gone like magic!
We help you resolve any of the following tax issues faster than you could:
- Tax debts
- Payment arrangements
- Late lodgement penalties
- PAYG instalment downwards variations
- Bungled assessments
- Other problems that can occur in the tax lodgement process.